Frost & Sullivan Places Kareo at the Top of Their Customer Impact/Technology Leverage Matrix
IRVINE, Calif., June 20, 2018 – Recognizing Kareo for its innovative EHR technology that improves operational efficiency and care delivery in independent medical practices, Frost & Sullivan has presented Kareo with its 2018 Enabling Technology Leadership Award. The award cited the excellence of Kareo Clinical, the company’s intuitive EHR solution, for its ability to optimize both physician and non-physician productivity through clinical documentation, e-prescribing, patient charting, consolidation of lab reports, and dashboard-based analytics. This recognition places Kareo at the top of Frost & Sullivan’s Customer Impact/Technology Leverage Matrix.
“We’re honored to receive the Frost & Sullivan Enabling Technology Leadership award for Kareo Clinical and the Kareo Platform,” said Dan Rodrigues, CEO of Kareo. “From mobile charting to telemedicine video visits, we’re offering independent practices innovative solutions to simplify and streamline their patient care and business operations. We thank Frost & Sullivan for recognizing our achievements in helping independent practices thrive and provide superior patient care for the past 14 years.”
Reinforcing Kareo’s position as the leading provider of end-to-end cloud-based clinical, billing and patient engagement software for the independent practice market, Frost & Sullivan stated: “A solution technology platform that supports the needs of independent provider practices across diverse clinical, financial, and other critical business areas is the correct way forward in terms of optimal client benefit from solution providers.”
Frost & Sullivan provided an overview of the 10-point benchmarking criteria used to evaluate Kareo and competitors: “Product quality (driven by innovative technology) is the foundation of delivering customer value. When complemented by an equally rigorous focus on the customer, companies can begin to differentiate themselves from the competition. From awareness, to consideration, to purchase, to follow-up support, best-practice organizations deliver a unique and enjoyable experience that gives customers confidence in the company, its products, and its integrity.”
Kareo rose to the top of the competition with its powerful, cost effective and easy to use cloud-based clinical, billing and patient engagement platform designed specifically for independent medical practices.
Notable features and functionality cited by Frost & Sullivan included:
- End-to-End Solution: Kareo Clinical gives its customers advanced clinical access, financial management, and patient experience tools previously unavailable to the independent practice arena. The tight integration of the modular systems reduces data entry, ensures accuracy, aligns with clinical and regulatory requirements, speeds and enhances patient collections, and improves patient experience.
- Workflow Efficiency: Kareo Clinical greatly increases practice efficiency and productivity with a minimal investment of time and money.
- Best-in-Class Mobile: Kareo Clinical can be accessed through a fast and best-in-class mobile application to allow staff and providers to manage their practice from any location. The Kareo Clinical mobile app provides iPad charting for better patient engagement in the exam room, secure two-way messaging, biometric fingerprint ID, and easy to access medication coverage, history, and cost.
- MACRA and MU Optimized: Kareo Clinical is 2015 Edition certified for easier CMS incentive program reporting, and incorporates MACRA and MU updates on an ongoing basis. The software keeps independent practices aligned with current regulatory requirements and set up to receive maximum value-based incentive payments.
- E-Prescriptions: More than 500,000 prescriptions are ordered per month through Kareo’s easy to use e-Prescribe platform. Kareo provides patient medication coverage, cost and history to help practices improve medication safety and planning.
- Telemedicine: Frost & Sullivan gave special recognition to one of Kareo’s newest solutions, Kareo Telemedicine, a secure and HIPAA-compliant video consultation tool based upon an advanced telemedicine rules engine built into the Kareo Clinical workflow. Kareo Telemedicine gives independent practices an additional easy-to-integrate income stream.
Frost & Sullivan concluded, “Kareo is backed by both loyal institutional investors that have remained committed to this firm for many years, and new investors that have agreed to partner due to the strength of the company’s latest products, positive market reputation, impressive revenue growth, and sustainable business models … With its strong overall performance, Kareo has earned the 2018 Frost & Sullivan Enabling Technology Leadership Award.”
“Using Kareo Clinical and Billing in an integrated platform, we have the ability to verify insurance, copays and balances at the top of the screen for addressing balances,” says Cara M. Farooque, MS, BSN, RN, Office Manager, Craft Behavioral Health, LLC. “We can pick features we need instead of an all or nothing package. We have an assigned billing representative experienced in our specialty, and customer service is always responsive. Everyone in the practice is held accountable for not allowing patients to accrue debt and to educate them on how to advocate for themselves with their insurance company.”
Kareo is the only cloud-based complete medical technology platform purpose-built to meet the unique needs of independent practices in more than 45 specialties. Today Kareo helps over 45,000 providers in all 50 states run more efficient and profitable practices, while delivering outstanding patient care. The Kareo technology platform is the first to help independent practices find more patients, manage their care with a fully certified and easy-to-use EHR, and get paid quickly all in one complete and integrated package. Kareo has received extensive industry recognition, including the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 5000 and Black Book's #1 Integrated EHR, Practice Management and Medical Billing vendor as well as the top of the Leader Quadrant in the Frontrunners Software Analysis of EHR. Kareo's growth further demonstrates the expansion and vitality of the independent practice market in the U.S. With offices across the country, Kareo’s mission is to help independent practices succeed in an ever-changing healthcare market.More information can be found at www.kareo.com.