Create an authorization for a patient case
How to create an "Authorization" for a patient case.
- Log in to Kareo.
- Click Patients > Find Patients in the top menu.
- Search for the patient by entering all or part of a patient's name in the "Look For" search bar.
Once you find the patient record, double-click on it to open. The Edit Patient window opens.
- Click on the "Cases" tab.
Double-click on the
patient's case name. The Edit Case window opens.
- Click the "Authorizations" tab.
Click "Add " located at the right of the page. The New Authorization window opens.
- From the "Policy drop down menu" select the policy you want to apply this authorization to.
- Enter the "Auth # " provided by the insurance company.
- Select the "Effective Start" and "Effective End" dates.
- Enter the "# of Visits" that this patient is limited to.
- If applicable, you can enter your insurance contact in the "Authorization Contact" field.
- Enter "Notes" if applicable.
- Click Save.
- Click Save on each window until you are back at the Find Patients window.
Still need help? Contact support here.