Thursday, March 22, 2012
1:00 PM EST/10:00 AM PST
Speaker: Elizabeth W. Woodcock, MBA, FACMPE, CPC
As the national economy continues to bump along in the doldrums – likely dragging down your practice’s revenue prospects along with it – you need to take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way. Today’s opportunities include several federally based incentive programs that can mean extra cash for physicians. In this webinar, you’ll learn how to participate – and succeed – in qualifying for reimbursement-based bonuses through the array of government incentives for medical practices offered to eligible providers who treat Medicare or Medicaid patients.
- Meeting the multi-year criteria for electronic health record (EHR) incentive funds now available to eligible providers treating Medicare and Medicaid patients
- Qualifying for Medicare’s electronic prescribing (eRx) program
- Achieving the measures to collect from Medicare’s pay-for-performance -program (Physician Quality Reporting System, or PQRS)
- Acting to meet the eligibility requirements for incentive bonuses through the Medicare Primary Care Incentive Program (PCIP) and General Surgery Incentive Program (GSIP)
- Understanding how the Medicaid / Medicare Rate Parity provisions of the federal Affordable Care Act may affect your medical practice
With so many programs competing for your attention, it would be all too easy to overlook a vital detail or miss a deadline. Attend this webinar to learn how to gain the money now – and avoid the reimbursement penalties later! You’ll get the low-down on what you need to do to track, register and successfully participate in federally based government incentive programs for physicians.
You can download the handout for the webinar on Government Incentives for Medical Practices – Tips and Tools to Qualify, Participate and Get Paid now. You can also download two handouts for the webinar now: Handout for Kareo Govt Incentives Webinar – MCD-MCR Rate Comparison and Handout for Kareo Govt Incentives Webinar – Appendix 3-12.
Question-and-Answer Session — Ask your tough questions and get answers about qualifying for government incentive programs
Who Should Attend
Private practice owners, office managers, billing managers, billers, billing service owners and others concerned about benefiting from for government incentive programs will benefit from this informative session.
About Your Speaker:
Elizabeth W. Woodcock, MBA, FACMPE, CPC
Elizabeth Woodcock is a speaker, trainer and author who is passionately dedicated to helping physician practices achieve and sustain patient satisfaction, practice efficiency, and profitability. An expert at practice operations and revenue cycle management, she is nationally recognized for her outstanding presentations and writings aimed at improving the business of medicine. Her education and expertise, combined with her humor and an engaging delivery, make her popular with physicians and administrators alike.
With rich experience in consulting, training, and industry research, Elizabeth has led educational session for the nation’s most prominent health care professional associations, specialty societies, and medical societies. She consults for many clients including Kareo medical billing software.