Medical Billing Software Features and Functionality
Not all medical billing software is equal. It's important that the software you select for your business can manage the entire medical billing process in a way that simplifies your business and helps you get paid faster by insurance companies and patients.
With Kareo, you'll manage the entire medical billing process from scheduling and pre-visit patient registration, to the doctor-patient encounter, to the insurance and patient billing and collections process, and finally, through the reporting on key performance metrics on the success of your business.
- Patient Records Management – Kareo medical billing software gives you the features you need to organize your patient history and financial information online.
- Insurance Eligibility Checks – Check insurance eligibility electronically with our medical billing software so you can prevent your healthcare providers from un-reimbursed services.
- Scheduling and Superbills – Any successful medical billing process starts with scheduling your physician time so you can maximize revenue and improve patient satisfaction.
- Coding and Claim Scrubbing – Kareo offers medical billing software that checks your claims against insurance company reimbursement rules so you can correct errors before claim submission.
- Electronic Claims Processing – With Kareo, you get medical billing software that enables you to submit primary and secondary insurance claims electronically to over 3,000 payers.
- Patient Statements – Use web-based medical billing software to prepare patient statements electronically and outsource printing, mailing, and postage to Kareo for processing.
- Electronic Remittance – Kareo's online medical billing software delivers Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) reports so you can post payments automatically.
- Document Management – Kareo's medical billing software-as-service (SaaS) lets you scan and store paper documents and receive faxes that are stored in a document management system.
- Customized Reporting – Access dozens of standard reports, build custom reports and charts, and schedule email reports with Kareo web medical billing software.
Medical billing solutions from Kareo are available for many types of users, medical specialties, and insurance companies. With thousands of healthcare providers in 50 states and 36 medical specialties, Kareo provides medical billing software solutions that are right for your business.
Kareo medical billing software works for many types of users:
- Medical Billing Solutions for Physicians – Healthcare providers, also known as "doctors" or "physicians", make more money and keep their staff happy and productive with Kareo medical billing software.
- Medical Billing Solutions for Office Managers – Office managers, also known as "practice managers", "practice staff" or "practice administrators", run their offices smoothly with our medical billing software.
- Medical Billing Solutions for Medical Billers – Medical billers, also known as "billers" and "medical billing specialists" use Kareo medical billing software to save time and get more done with automation of routine tasks.
- Medical Billing Solutions for Medical Billing Services – Medical billing services, also known as "medical billing companies", work with clients more efficiently on Kareo medical billing software.
- Medical Billing Solutions for IT – IT professionals, also known as "developers" or "programmers", simplify their IT and network infrastructure with Kareo web-based medical billing software.
Medical billing software provided by Kareo is used for medical billing in a variety of medical specialties:
- Ambulance Billing Software – Medical billing software for vehicles that transport sick or injured people between places of treatment, typically from illness to injury.
- Anesthesiology Billing Software – Medical billing software for healthcare providers that are trained to administer anesthesia drugs and manage the medical care of patients before, during, and after surgery.
- Cardiology Billing Software – Kareo provides medical billing software for doctors that specialize in dealing with disorders of the heart and blood vessels.
- Chiropractor Billing Software – Healthcare providers that emphasize diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mechanical disorders of the spine can use Kareo medical billing software.
- Dermatology Billing Software – Web-based medical billing software for the branch of medicine dealing with diseases of the skin.
- DME Billing Software – Medical software for billing of durable medical equipment (DME), which is a term used to describe any medical equipment used in the home to aid in a better quality of living.
- Family Practice Billing Software – Online medical billing software for the medical specialty devoted to comprehensive health care to people of all ages.
- Hospitalists Billing Software – Medical billing software for the discipline of hospital medicine concerned with the general medical care of hospitalized patients.
- Internal Medicine Billing Software – Doctors concerned with the diagnosis, management and nonsurgical treatment of unusual or serious diseases can use medical billing software from Kareo.
- Mental Health Billing Software – Medical billing software for mental health conditions characterized by a level of cognitive or emotional well-being in the absence of a mental disorder.
- Neurology Billing Software – Kareo offers medical billing software for neurologists, a term used to describe the medical specialty dealing with disorders of the central nervous system.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Billing Software – Hosted medical billing software for healthcare providers in the surgical specialty dealing with the care of women and their children during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Optometry Billing Software – Optometrics, which are health care professionals concerned with eyes and related structures, as well as vision, can use Kareo for their medical billing software needs.
- Ophthalmology Billing Software – Medical software for ophthalmology, a branch of medicine dealing with the diseases and surgery of the visual pathways.
- Pain Management Billing Software – Web medical billing software for pain management, a discipline focused on non-surgical solutions for the treatment and relief of pain.
- Pediatrics Billing Software – Medical billing software for healthcare providers that render medical care to infants, children, and adolescents.
- Physical Medicine Billing Software – Medical billing software for physical medicine and rehabilitation, which aims to enhance and restore functional ability for those dealing with physical impairments of disabilities.
- Physical Therapy Billing Software – Medical billing software for physical therapy and occupational therapy, which strives to develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout the lifespan.
- Radiology Billing Software – On-demand medical billing software for healthcare providers that study and apply imaging f like x-ray and radiation to diagnosis and treat ailments and diseases.
- Surgery Billing Software – Medical software for doctors that use operative manual and instrumental techniques to investigate and treat a pathological disease or injury.
Web-based medical billing software by Kareo is used for medical billing in a variety of billing and payment situations:
- Patient Billing Software – Kareo medical billing software can be used to bill patients for so-called "self-pay" visits, otherwise known as situations that are not covered by their insurance companies.
- Medicare Billing Software – Medical billing software by Kareo can be used to electronically bill the Medicare federal government program that insures patients over the age of 65.
- Medicaid Billing Software – Web-based medical billing software for billing electronic medical claims to the Medicaid state government programs that insure low income and indigent persons.
- Blue Cross Billing Software – On-demand medical billing software by Kareo can be used to send electronic medical claims to insurance companies that do business under the Blue Cross brand.
- Blue Shield Billing Software – Kareo medical billing software can be used to bill payers that insure patients under the Blue Shield emblem.
- Commercial Insurance Billing Software – Kareo also offers medical billing software for billing all major commercial insurance companies, such as Aetna, Cigna, United Healthcare, WellPoint, and many others.
To wrap it all up, Kareo medical billing software includes all of the features and functionality you need. This includes practice management features like dashboards, patient records, insurance eligibility checks, appointment scheduling, appointment reminders, Superbills and encounter forms, and task management. This includes medical billing & collections features like charge entry, medical coding, insurance claims, electronic patient statements, credit card processing, payment posting, denial management, collections management, fee schedules and contracts, administrative tools, and reporting. Plus, medical billing solutions from Kareo are available for many types of users, medical specialties, and insurance companies. With thousands of healthcare providers in 50 states and 36 medical specialties, Kareo provides solutions that are right for your business. Kareo supports all types of users including physicians, office managers, billers, and medical billing services. Kareo also supports all types of specialties including anesthesia, cardiology, chiropractors, dermatology, family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, ophthalmology, pain management, pediatrics, physical therapy, radiology and more. Kareo supports billing scenarios that include patient billing, Medicare and Medicaid, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, and other commercial payers.
Learn about the features of our web–based medical billing software
Kareo includes web–based medical billing software and practice management software with integrated medical clearinghouse services. Not only is Kareo packed with valuable features, but it's also the most user–friendly, easy–to–buy, and easy–to–set–up solution on the market. Visit the sections below to read more about Kareo's features.
Web-based practice management software from Kareo helps you save time and enjoy greater convenience by simplifying all of the daily essential tasks of your medical office. You can store patient records , verify insurance eligibility , schedule appointments , send appointment reminders , print Superbills & encounter forms , track tasks , scan documents , print reports , and more.
Medical Billing & Collections
Web-based medical billing and collections software from Kareo helps you get paid faster and improve your productivity by streamlining your entire medical billing and collections process. Our service allows you to enter charges, check coding, send insurance claims & patient statements, process credit cards, automatically post payments, print reports, manage denials & collections, load fees & contracts, scan documents, and more.
Electronic Health Records
Electronic health records integrated with Kareo help you improve patient care and store your patient records online. Kareo has built integrations to leading electronic health records solutions including Practice Fusion EHR, Care360 EHR, WebPT, and many more.
Other IntegrationsSee 7 more...
Medical clearinghouse services from Kareo helps you enjoy greater convenience by tightly integrating the electronic claims and remittance process with our medical billing software. You can submit electronic claims to thousands of insurers, receive electronic remittance advice reports, verify insurance eligibility , and more.
Analytics & Data
Analytics and data management features from Kareo help you enjoy greater convenience while maintaining control of your data by combining web-based access with powerful tools to manage your data. You can generate powerful reports , scan and fax documents , use our integration API to access data programmatically, and more.