Weâ€™re pleased to announce that not only is Kareo attending the Digital Healthcare Innovation Summit in New York on Tuesday, May 8, but our CEO, Dan Rodrigues, is featured on a panel. The Digital Healthcare Innovation Summit will provide insights from top industry experts, private equity and venture capital investors, corporations, healthcare IT innovators and government officials.
Dan will join the panel in the session on Health IT Forecast: Only Partly Cloudy SAAS, Cloud-Based Apps, Storage.Â The experts in this sessionÂ will addressÂ the topic â€śHealthcare has been slow to migrate from client-server architecture to the cloud. Obstacles include: security, regulatory compliance, interoperability, and disaster recovery. Not to mention the hundreds of millions of cost sunk on server racks and infrastructure. How do we coax healthcare business to the cloud?â€ť
If youâ€™re planning to attend the Summit, please be sure to join Dan for this informative session, say hello and ask questions.
The Digital Healthcare Innovation Summit is designed to capitalize on disruptive healthcare technology and the transformation of the industry by facilitating discussion on:
- A strategic understanding of the healthcare market to capitalize on the changes ahead in Healthcare through IT.
- Innovative IT/Software solutions to enhance the delivery of healthcare, payment solutions.
- Increased adoption of information technology â€“ software, hardware and services â€“ that enhances productivity and reduces costs. This will include evidence-based technologies that minimize errors and redundancies, remote monitoring systems for chronically ill patients, and software systems to create â€śvalue-basedâ€ť health plans.
- Changes in healthcare service delivery models, including consumer-directed services that empower patients, new insurance models that re-balance cost and care, and re-engineered approaches to care and disease management.
- Mobile Health & the impact on point of care.
The program will unite a cross-section of national venture capitalists, healthcare/medical IT business providers, hospital administrators, insurers, health plans, risk managers, physicians, private equity investors, corporate business development executives, government and public policy experts, C-level executives of start-ups, IT and marketing professionals, pharma marketing professionals (with an interest in online and mobile consumer engagement), biopharmaceutical clinical technology, and operations executives.
If you are not able to attend, watch for GoKareo tweets from the meeting with the Twitter event hashtag #DHIS2012 and join the conversation! For more information on the event, speakers and program, visit the Digital Healthcare Innovation Summit site.