Unique blend of software and billing services.
With easy to use front-office software tools and a team of Kareo medical billing experts, we’ll free you to focus on serving your patients.
Software Tools for Your Office
Kareo Billing Services is more than just outsourced claims processing. It includes important software tools you and your front-office staff will use to tackle the daily chores of running your practice.
Patient Registration & Scheduling
All patients call your office directly. Using Kareo’s software, you and your staff quickly register the patient and schedule appointments. The front-office software automates:
- Scheduling templates – with color coding!
- Verifying insurance coverage
- Sending email and telephone appointment reminders
- Putting the patient schedule on your iPhone
As soon as the patient arrives, check them in with Kareo, begin verifying patient information and kick-start your visit workflow. Your Kareo software tools give you easy ways to:
- Check eligibility for today’s date of service
- Scan insurance cards & driver’s licenses
- Print encounter forms
- Pre-collect copays and deductibles including fully integrated credit card processing
Documenting Your Charges
Capturing the procedure and diagnosis codes for a patient visit has never been more flexible. Kareo gives you three options:
- Use your current paper super-bills and electronically send them to Kareo using your own kFax number.
- Create you own customer super-bills with Kareo and have them print out for each visit. Then, send them to Kareo using kFax.
- Instantly send visit codes from your Kareo EHR – making your clinical workflow and billing workflow go hand-in-hand.
Hand-off To Your Kareo Billing Team
After the patient visit is complete, the Kareo billing team kicks into high gear to make sure you are paid quickly and you get all the money you are owed.
Insurance Billing & Follow-up
Your Kareo billing team handles everything associated with creating claims, sending to insurance companies, posting payments, and reconciling charges. We have advanced tools that get you paid quickly.
- Electronic connections to more than 2,500 insurance payers
- Advanced code scrubbing tools help get your claims accepted, the first time!
- Denial and rejection alerts give instant notification of claims that our team needs to re-work and re-submit
- Fee schedules and contract settings help us know what needs to be appealed and if you are getting full payment
All payments are sent to your office or directly to your bank account or lockbox.
Patient Receivables Management
High deductible plans make patient out-of-pocket payments increasingly important to your bottom-line. Your Kareo team uses a patient payment strategy that includes:
- Convenient credit/debit card payment options
- Email statements
- Online bill pay
- Print and mailed statements
Patient payments go directly to your office. Your Kareo team will work with you to take the best course of action to collect past due balances.
Tracking Performance & Profitability
Part of what makes your partnership with Kareo special is the transparency. You can see how well we are doing our job and that working together we are making your practice more profitable.
Dashboards & Reports
Using your Kareo log-in, quickly view updated accounts receivable dashboards, meters showing you how fast you are getting paid, and performance indicators on how efficient your billing process is being managed. These tools help answer questions like:
- How much am I billing out?
- How much am I getting paid?
- How quickly is Kareo billing my claims?
Most customers enjoy getting reports automatically delivered to their email, too.
Monthly Consultations with your Kareo coach
Beyond the dashboards, reports, and day-to-day work, your Kareo coach will meet with you monthly to review the financial health of your practice and identify areas where improvements can be made.
Here’s what you pay
As low as 4% of collections
(based on claim volumes and specialty)
for training, support, and upgrades
for up-front fees
Customer for Life Guarantee
Kareo is the only medical billing service that believes we work for you, not the other way around. We want you to be a customer for life. In fact, if at some point outsourcing your billing is no longer the best thing for your business, your staff can bring your billing back in-house and begin using the full Kareo software with your data immediately, picking up right where your Kareo team left off. That’s our guarantee. That’s our difference.
Kareo Billing Services Includes
- Appointment Scheduling & Email Reminders
- Automated Telephone Reminders
- Eligibility & Copay Verification
- Credit Card Processing
- Custom Encounter Forms & Tracking
- Document Fax & Storage
- Financial Dashboards & Customized Reporting
- Integrated EHR Superbill
- EHR Patient List & Messaging
- E-Prescribing & Renewals
- Lab Orders & Results
- Visit Documentation Tools
- Alerts & Health Guidelines
- Patient Portal & Education
- iPad App
- Partner EHR Connections
- Full Service Billing & Claims Processing
- Complete EDI Enrollment
- Full Training & Dedicated Coaches
- Fee Schedule & Contract Management
- Unpaid Claim Follow-up & Resubmission
- Insurance Remittance & Payment Posting
- Patient Statements & Payment Management
- Monthly Performance Tracking & Reporting
- Unlimited Support
Answer these simple questions to see how we can help improve your practice's bottom line.
Sign up for a demo of Kareo software or services
This one-on-one demonstration will walk you through a day in the life of how a physician, office manager, or biller use Kareo to make their practice more productive.
We’ve developed solutions for your three biggest administrative challenges — EHR, practice management and billing — that all talk to one another seamlessly.
Talk to one of our product advisors and learn how we can help make your practice a best practice!